Thursday, May 22, 2008

POOR, BUT COOL

Oh yeah, not having money doesn't mean you can't be cool. It might be harder to buy some cool junk, but I reckon it can work out.

Providing you can find enough junk that registers on the cool-o-meter. That is thing, which is sort of inside.

You either are cool and know or you don't. And that is the best part. It really doesn't take bucks to be cool.

Instead you have to keep just figure out what you got and how you can make it so special. But that ain't all that easy at times.

Now I'm sorry, but there are some weird types out there. They got some strange ideas of what is okay.

And sometimes they seem to get all bent out of shape to try and make you agree with their idea of what works. That really sucks.

Now the worst person for that is old rat boy, Junior. He could be dead broke, but if he has one slice of cheese he figures he's rich.

I'm sorry, but it sure doesn't seem like gold to me. Well it is yellow I guess, but that ain't the same thing.

Not to me. Which is I'm sorry, but it is other than cool. And the thing is he really ain't the only one like that.

Now Granny Potts has her idea of being rich too. I don't think having prunes for a whole week as rich.

Sure does make her happy though. And I reckon if you are happy then that is something even if it ain't with money.

Sometimes I worry about her and that one plant. She seems to talk to it a lot. I thought it was just a plant.

But she sure treats it like more than a plant. Which is okay until Otis and I go over there for dinner.

When she sits it down by us at the dinning table I get a little worried. I mean how much can a plant eat?

Will it hog all the seconds? Tough to know when you can see its mouth. Plants are sneaking like that.

I guess as long as it doesn't eat off my plate then that is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home