Monday, May 05, 2008

LAND AND SEE

Way back a long time ago I guess there was this thing called the Revolutionary War. And that sounds kind of weird since I have no idea what is so revolutionary about having war.

Anyway it had something to do with some dude named Yankee Noodle. And then this other guy named Paul's Repair.

Never did hear what he repaired, but I guess he was famous for it. Anyway, I reckon that you know he did it a lot so that is how he got his name.

Well supposedly these one group of people got pissed off over a thing called a T tax. Now why somebody would tax the letter T I have no idea, but they did.

Well they all got together for some party about T's over at a place called Boston and the next thing you know oh man this was such a fuss. They were all upset over stuff they decided to have this big fight.

Some dude got up and said give me a liver key or give me debt. Not really sure which of those two choices are all that cool.

But they did it anyway. And in the end well as with most big fights you got all kinds of people wanting to watch.

I guess at some point you know they got so many people wanting to come they needed some kind of crowd control. So they ended up having to say if they were coming by wagon or boat.

Oh yeah they said stuff like one if by see and two if by land. Guess more came by wagon or something.

Well let me tell you I sure do find that to be a big deal. I mean all that fuss over some silly letters.

I'm sure glad we don't do that today. Maybe we got enough of them now thanks to copiers that it ain't the same problem.

In any case, I don't reckon I will worry about it any time soon. Because I got extra if I need them.

I took the time to cut out a whole bunch extra out of the newspaper. Just say what size though.

So might have to work on that. I will give it some thought. Not sure when for sure though.
Maybe on a day with a T in it. Seems to fit somehow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home