Sunday, January 06, 2008

THIS LITTLE KITE OF MINE

I enjoy flying kites. You know, being out there in the park and watch them soaring up their in the sky.

And it is really fun when you can do it as entertainment. Now that makes it special. But if they are something you do because you have to then it sucks.

I really hate to think of kite flying as a bad thing or boring, but now I know it can happen. And that doesn't make me happy.

Which is what happen to me the other day. I was over at STINK where I work and they wanted us to try and use a kite as a spy goodie.

You know put a camera on it and make it look down to check for stuff. Might have worked too if they darn camera wasn't so heavy.

Wouldn't even get off the ground. Man did that suck. I mean you can hardly expect to spy very much if you don't get the same up in the air.

And I told them that very thing. They were all that helpful though. Like they figured I ought to get it to work anyway.

They didn't quite explain how, but said I ought keep trying. Like that was going to happen.

Anyway, they sent me over a bigger kite. Which still didn't improve things. Because I could lift the darn thing.

Another little detail they didn't bother to think about. Which was a pretty darn important thing to not remember.

But then after I told them about that problem, they decided to send me over a smaller camera. Like that was going the make the kite any lighter.

Well that sure wasn't improving the problem. And they sure didn't seem to be concerned about it either.

So I did the only thing I could think to do. I held up the camera and moved it around like it was flying.

Then I took a pair of binoculars and held them up backwards over the camera. That way it would appear like the camera was seeing stuff a long way off.

Which got them to shut up on the subject. Only now they want me looking for griminals that resemble ants.

Next time I will avoid holding it over an ant hill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home