Monday, September 03, 2007

A WAYS TO GO

This is a weird thing to me. It comes up when Otis and I are headed somewhere. And I'll ask how much farther we need to go. He'll answer we have a ways to go.

Only he never says how many different ways. Like we have to do something more than once in order to get there.

However he never says what it is. Just that we got a ways. Oh I try asking. Like you know asking him to tell me all the different ones.

But he just gets kind of red faced when I say that and never actually explains that part. And the really weird thing is when we do get to where we are going I never see any ways we took, but the one.

So I'm figuring you know perhaps this is some secret he has a reason not to tell me about. He has lots of those.

I can always tell when he has some secret. That's because he'll like you know always get red face and say harrumph a lot. Yeah, it is a big way to tell.

Personally, I don't know why it is a big deal. I mean I can handle learning junk. Just as much as anyone else.

And that's when I try to ask him to explain. When he just rolls his eyes, I will then tell him what I figure he probably meant.

Oh man that really kind of gets him to act extra weird. All I'm doing is trying to get him to appreciate how I might know what he is keeping a secret.

All I can say is that if he does happen to know I figured stuff out, he sure keeps it to himself. But then sometimes I reckon is has to do with all those headaches he gets at times.

I don't know, he sure gets them a lot lately. And almost always after we have some conversation.

Guess you know he just has those spells and can't help himself. Too bad the medicine he takes seems to work better when I'm not around.

Must have something to do with when he takes it. Yeah, I reckon that is another of those ways he never gets around to explaining.

In the meantime I reckon I'll just do what I can to not let him stall on explaining stuff so much. It might be better for him if he could chill out about it.

In any case, I'm just happy when those ways get figured out more often. And that will be even better if Otis don't have so many problems with whatever gives him such a red face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home