Thursday, August 30, 2007

OUT OF THE GARBAGE DUMP

You know dumps can really be cool places. Oh yeah they can such great locations for finding the most amazing things. I know I love poking around them at times.

It is so much fun to discover some of the treasures that people just discard so thoughtlessly. Really does make you sad to see the tragedy of how some people get so dang indifferent to stuff that is worth something.

But there just is nothing very surprising about this if you ask me. People are down right weird in that regard at times.

Yeah, it really leaves me wondering what is up with some people. They just never get it when it comes to stuff like what is garbage and what is treasure.

Personally, I ain't that impressed that people know the difference. I mean like the other day.

My buddy Otis and I were over at the dump and looking around. I was so shocked. Sitting there was this perfectly good refrigerator.

Can you imagine somebody tossing away something as good as that? It just needed a little work.

I mean it was missing a door. But heck I'm sure a piece of cardboard would have taken care of that problem.

And it did have some dents and rust spots. A little paint would have fixed that problem. Well in my opinion.

True, there was not motor either. But heck I'm sure that would have been easy to fix also. We have this lawnmower that we never use any more in the garage since we got a new one.

Outside of that though, I'm sure we could get the thing fix up in no times. Yeah, that would be wonderful.

Sadly, my buddy didn't see the same potential either. Not that I could tell. Oh he did listen, but was less than cooperative.

But he did agree to let me take home this shoe I found there. Did have a whole in the bottom but I didn't see that as a problem.

And I'm going to keep looking till I find the other one at the dump. In the meantime I can wear it with a different shoe I found there. Yeah, I think even though it is a swim fin it works okay.

Just have to do it when Otis isn't around. He's not that cool about such things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home