Monday, July 02, 2007

SECOND HAND

There are some people where if they ask you this it's cool. Because when they say a favor it is all they mean. Like give me a hand for a second.

Now where you got to get worried is if you are talking to some clown who happens to decide a favor is like making you a slave then forget it. Run for you life or make sure you have the person go find somebody else to ask. Anyone other than yourself.

Not sure why some people are that way. All I know is that these jerks are not the types you can expect to ever do you a favor. Oh man you can forget that.

Oh you can be sure if you do them one favor they will take that to mean they will ask you over and over again. And each time it will be a bigger favor.

I haven't got to the guy who thought it was cool to you know expect you to donate a kidney for them. I'm grateful for that. No way I want that kind of friend.

But let me tell you I have met a few who are nearly as bad. Like they expect you do practically sign over your bank account to them or something. And then they would still want more after that.

I hate to say this, but this is one time when I can even blame old rat boy, Junior. I wish I could, but not in this case.

That is probably because I never give him a chance. I just always make sure my Junior alarm is on whenever there is a risk he might be thinking about asking for a favor.

In this case Otis is in charge of the alarm. What it comes down to is this, he knows the secretaries real good.

My buddy is real good at talking to them. He even takes them stuff like candy from time to time. Sure glad that hasn't meant him you know being generous with my jelly beans at least.

They seem to like chocolate anyway. But since he does get sort of chummy with them, they always call him on his STINK squash cell phone when Junior starts talking about stuff like needing some kind of special help.

Then we just make sure we mosey off someplace safe till he finds somebody do bug. And let me tell you that includes watching out for some of the other grimefighters at times too.

Providing they are decent to us in the process. Otherwise forget it. I do feel a little sad for our 94 year old janitor, Ramy Jarvis at times. He ends up getting stuck helping Junior a lot. But then since he never remembers more than the last five minutes, it don't seems o bother him much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home