Sunday, July 01, 2007

GET RID OF IT

Oh yeah, this is great. When you got some pesky junk you hate. Just knowing you can dump it works wonders.

If only Otis and I could agree on what is pesky junk. We do have a problem in that regard.

He seems to think just because something doesn't work any longer you ought to toss it in the trash. Can you believe that?

I mean they got those places these days where they freeze dead people till they figure how a cure what kills them. So how come you can't save broken junk in case they come up with some cure for whatever broken them?

Are we saying some dead dude is really more important than a busted television? I sure hope not.

What kind of world do we live in when dead bodies are something you got to worry about that no matter what happens are still going to be dead and you don't care about a television? I mean you might get it fixed and let some poor family use it? Try that with a dead body? You ain't giving it to me!

At least not unless you give me some really big motivation like say a train load of jelly beans. Even then I'm not so sure.

Whereas some old broken television, well that is a whole different story. For one thing you know it ain't going to stink. You can sit it in the corner and it won't rust.

That's kind of an important quality to me. Sort of up there with things like not wanting any pets that can eat you. Another good safety tip for those that don't know.

But like I said, this is more about what is okay as broken junk to keep and what isn't. And how Otis and I will never agree on that part.

So I just have to work around him on that part. Which normally agreeing to let him dump whatever he says we have to get rid of.

Then being sure I rescue that sucker when I have a chance, which don't always happen. Because sometimes Otis insists we give the stuff to some thrift store. And that really sucks.

And let me tell you they aren't all that cooperative or understanding. Man sometimes they can be downright hostile to the idea of giving stuff back.

Which always ends with me having to settle the discussion with my bat. Well unless it gets broken. And I got a closet full of them waiting for a cure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home