Tuesday, June 19, 2007

PARTY SCOOPERS

How come we have to learn the same thing over and over again so often? I know it happens to me way too much. I'm not proud of the fact, but it does occur.

However, the good thing is when we do learn and are able to move ahead without having to take another session of homework.

There are admittedly certain lessons in life one can't study for. They are the type where the classroom is in the mind and experience is the school teacher.

We just get to take an exam and if we fail we find out after the fact. Which can be really tough to deal with.

Lately, I've found more occasions of dealing with people who when I get to know them are far more complicated and with problems that I first realized. It isn't that what I see is bad, just surprising at times.

Basically, I've seen how many times they end up being human. Which means they are less than perfect.

I never assumed they were perfect, but sometimes I am amazed how they actually have the kinds of problems I would never have expected. Just the type that end up being totally disasters in terms of judgment.

And it is amazing, but the more I do deal with such people, the more I really grow fond of them. I don't hate them for being flawed nor to I think bad of them in the process.

Along the way, I try to just listen and let them know they still have my respect. I just feel I'm treating them the way God would want.

It is hard at times to try and not beat people to death for their mistakes. But then I have made so many of my own.

What I learned in such occasions is that sometimes the lessons we take will benefit us more when we can talk about them with others. Sometimes that makes all the difference.

Providing we in the process do discover what we needed to know. If not, all the talk in the world doesn't seem to help.

To learn and grow is the Lord's will for our lives. There are times when that happens easier than at others.

When not the challenge is often there to have to start over and try again. Hopefully, with the Lord's help.

Not leaning upon the Lord always makes the lessons harder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home