Sunday, May 13, 2007

BROKEN

Okay, I kind of think I understand how this works. Something is broke, but not so bad it needs to be fixed with glue or whatever. So you just have to adjust whatever.

Only nobody really says when this works for some stuff and when it doesn't. At least not that I can figure out.

Personally, if it was up to me, then I would just keep this simple. If you can't adjust it with a hammer, then don't bother.

Just my observation I guess. Yeah, it just seems that if you can't take care of whatever with a good whack it is just a waste of time.

Okay, I admit that don't always work on people. Wish it did. Might make life so much easier.

But then there are just too many people who are down right picky about that sort of thing. Here you are, making life easier for others and that is the thanks you get.

Instead, I get stuck with this junk of having to do things the hard way. When something needs adjusting Otis makes me go and get a wrench.

You know, I've tried beating on stuff with a wrench and it just ain't the same. Never does quite as effective job at whacking.

Which is not as tough as when he tells me to try and use a screwdriver. Man you can hardly hit something hard at all with one of them.

I tried explaining that to Otis once, but he just came up with the silly idea that I should hit stuff at all. Can you believe him suggesting that?

Well, he can say what he wants and come up with this insane idea that somehow I can adjust something with a screwdriver. But I know it doesn't work for me.

Why when he showed me the place where there was this screw to adjust, I did try adjusting it with the screwdriver. I must have banged on it for ten minutes and it didn't make any difference at all.

So I gave him and went on got my hammer. Then I clobbered that sucker good. Course with that machine, it didn't get it to work.

But then I figured that was because of the time I wasted on it with that stupid screwdriver. Only I'm not going to tell Otis.

I figure why depress him over such things. While he keeps messing with screwdrivers, I'll stick with the things that work. Well at least they do sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home