Thursday, April 26, 2007

THRIFTY

Now I understand that this is a good thing. At least they claim it is. Which is okay providing thrifty don't apply to cheap.

Which is one thing I don't enjoy. There just ain't much fun when you end up with something crappy and tries to convince you it is a good thing.

I'm sorry, but tying to pass off some crude as gold just don't work for me. And that is a really pain where I work, let me tell you.

Which doesn't have to be the case. And it might not be if it wasn't for the stupid rat boy, Junior Hemoglobin.

That dude's idea of something thrifty always ends up meaning what we get sucks. It doesn't matter what it is, you can be certain it will be lousy by the time we end up with it.

And with Junior it sure doesn't take much to qualify as thrifty. With him, cheap is pretty much the same thing unless you are talking cheese and that is only for him.

For the rest of us it is "yawnsville" Yep, I'm really other than impress with Junior's concept of thrifty.

Like the other day, Dr. Hemoglobin, Junior's dad and our boss, decided to have us get new uniforms. Not a bad idea to be sure.

But then our boss decided to put Junior in charge of picking them out. It is kind of tough to do much complaining when the boss says it has to be a certain way.

My buddy, Otis, does his best, but there are times when the boss gets in one of his don't bug me moods and then we get stuck. That is what happen with this case.

So we got, um, new uniforms. You could sort of call them that I guess. Frankly, they didn't impress me, nor most of the other grimefighters.

These things were like shopping bags. The kind that got taped together and holes cut for neck and arms. Really stupid looking.

Junior tried to claim they were some new kind of fashion statement. That disposable uniforms were practical and you got it, thrifty.

We gave them a try. They lasted about one time before falling apart. And in the process, I happened to noticed this place where there was a named printed on the inside. Oh they had tried to paint over it, but the paint wore off.

Underneath was this name. A place known for selling cheese? Jeez, like that was a shock. And it was interesting how Junior's desk suddenly was buried under tons of cheese too. Not surprising though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home