Tuesday, April 24, 2007

PRICES AS MARKED

Is this a tough concept or what? I mean really, do we have a problem with reading prices? I had to asked.

The other day I was over at this car lot looking at all the cars for sale. Some were pretty cool. Others were just okay.

Anyway this car salesman came up to me. Shook my hand and acted like he was my best friend. He even asked my name, which he keep getting wrong, because he kept calling me buddy a lot.

That was okay I guess, only I sure didn't consider him to be my buddy. Especially after he got weird.

Which to me is when he started telling me how each car was so dang special and full of what he called options. Only none of those options included it being free or even with a full tank of gas.

Well, the thing is eventually he got around to talking about price. That is where things got kind of confusing.

Because he told me that all the cars where priced as marked. Which sort of made sense. And it would have been great if he was telling the truth.

But what really bugged me is how the priced marked on the car was not the real price. It was this thing called a sticker price. Brother, let me tell you I bet it is called that because they sure sting like a sticker when you pay that price.

Anyway, I could even live with that, but then the guy started talking about all this dumb stuff. Like preparation fees, handling fees and something called sales tax.

That is the one that really got me. I mean I wasn't the one doing the stupid selling. How come the tax me for buying? Seems really dumb if you ask me.

So I figured it was one big rip off to claim the cars were priced as marked when in reality they didn't mark all that other stuff in the price. And that really sucks from my point of view.

Which is okay, since I didn't buy his stupid car anyway. Instead I went over to the shoe store to shop for shoes.

That is when the clerk there mentioned the same thing. Which again started the whole problem all over with that darn sales tax thing.

Man I sure got to find out more about that sales tax thing. I mean somebody really needs to straighten that dude out on the difference between selling and buying or let him get stuck paying the darn tax himself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home