Tuesday, March 20, 2007

SNACK TIME

Ah, there is nothing more delightful at times that being able to snack on what is left of a spare rib or barbecued T-bone steak. There is just a special joy in nibbling off that last precious ounces of flesh and fat from some bone that might otherwise be regarded as ready for the trashcan.

If you are really lucky and you get the right piece the best taste in the world is some charcoaled slice of fat that has barbecue sauce still on it. Now that is really heaven.

Yep, I savor those tastes the most. And if you happen to get it when it has been in the refrigerator for a night even better. Cold just adds a special zing in my opinion.

Now if I'm really blessed I figure that I can find a bone with enough meat on it to still make a sandwich out of it. Oh man, there is no taste more satisfying, well providing you don't include jelly beans, than to have a sandwich of cold steak and tons of mayo. Ketchup has to be added you understand. That is so yummy.

But the best part is when you can do all of that without anybody hanging around. Which is a lot easier at home. I mean to really savor this kind of sandwich you got to gobble it big time.

That will end up with the mayo and ketchup smeared all over your face. That can be such a great feeling even though others look at you like you are weird.

I don't know, I try not to think about it. I just concentrate on you know doing what I can to remember having a full stomach.

If I really get lucky then I'm even able to put some cheese on the sandwich too. That really makes me smile.

And if I get like a gallon of milk to wash down the sandwich even better. Course then you can't drink all that milk without eating a few dozen cookies too.

That would be down right awful to consider. I know I would dare insult my tummy by doing that.

And the biggest challenge is making sure Otis always cooks up enough steak so we get plenty of leftovers. That can be tricky though. I mean the smell of barbecue can really make a person extra hungry.

But we are working that part out. I think we should manage eventually. Providing we don't end up messing up on our planning.

It's just so hard to figure how long to cook a whole side of beef. I know we are going to work it out. Have to see if we can get a whole truck load of charcoal. I wonder how much one of those semi trucks can hold anyway?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home