Tuesday, March 06, 2007

EXECUTIVE DECISIONS

The one thing I don't want to hear about is executive decisions. Because they are dumb and stupid if you ask me.

Well I'm sorry, but that is how I feel. I might feel different if it wasn't for having to deal with the people called executives over where I work at STINK.

Actually, I should say it is mainly that old Rat Boy, Junior Hemoglobin that bugs me. He is supposedly an executive. Only his idea of making decisions is something that always gives the rest of us more work to do and him more time to goof off.

Even that I wouldn't mind so much, but I really hate how he gives us such lame crap to do. I'm not talking important stuff.

Why just last week he had us take this one diaper service van down to this one intersection and make sure the brakes still worked okay. Then he said while we were there to go to the one store and pick him up a big case of cheese. Jeez, talk about being silly.

And that was one of his better options. So I hope you can appreciate how this whole executive decision thing hardly gives me much reason to smile.

I reckon if once and a while it was for really important stuff, I could handle it. That might happen some day. My buddy Otis says it would be something he expects.

Only my buddy kind of gets weird on stuff like this. He ends up spending all this time trying to give me what he calls a philosophical approach on the thing.

Which to me doesn't help much since we still get stuck doing the same thing. So having him try to tell me that it will get better never helps.

And even when I remind him of that it doesn't keep him from rambling on and on about trying to embrace the big picture. Frankly I just want to find that big picture and hit old Rat Boy over the head with it.

Only dang it all, Otis has this stupid rule about no bashing Junior. And that goes for even if he wasn't an executive.

So I just ended up trying to be sure whenever possible that I know old Rat Boy is going to dole out some crap assignment that I am already busy. I just make sure I go over to his dad, our real boss and try to see if he needs any special help.

Sometimes I got to pretend to be interested in junk that I think is down right boring. But at least it keeps Junior from making some lame executive decision.

I do try to not grin when I have to tell him that I'm doing something for his dad. That is one executive decision that really makes him less than executive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home