Thursday, February 08, 2007

SUPERMAN AND CRAB CAKES

I kind of put these two together on account of they are both things you don't need all the time, but when you do need them you really need them. I know with Superman there are a lot of times we could all use a super hero, but sometimes I think it is more than others.

The same thing for me kind of applies to crab cakes. Now I'm not a big fan of stuff that is kind of fishy, but everyone once and a while, I just have to have them. And right now.

I don't know, but of course getting crab cakes are a little easier to come by than contacting Superman. You would figure he could spread himself around a little more rather than spending all this time at some newspaper because he has a crush on some girl.

That is the one nice thing about being a super hero with a regular job, I can pretty much save the world any time and not just when there is some deadline to print a newspaper. Plus I don't have to run to find some phone book to change into my uniform either.

You would figure that people might give me a break because of that fact. But do they? Shoot no! I never hear them singing songs about me coming to save the day, darn it all.

Plus the other upside to this if they would think about it is that if you had rare yearning to eat some crab cakes, I could stop by the store and pick up some. Heck, I bet I could even warm them up with the heater in our garbage truck or diaper service van.

But then I reckon there are some people who wouldn't be too keen having a super hero show up holding a plate of hot crab cakes who had been in a garbage truck. People are funny about stuff like that.

Personally, I think they make way too much of a deal about things like the smell. You know if you hang around a garbage truck long enough you get used to the smell.

Why after a while it don't bother me at all. And I just don't understand those folks in the restaurants who make such a fuss about the smell when we are in a hurry and stop by to get some lunch before washing up. Honestly they are just so dang annoying to see them holding their noses like we were griminals instead of grimefighting super heroes.

You can be darn sure I would never fetch them guys any crab cakes. Maybe a pile of trash to shove up their nose, but no crab cakes.

I think I'm going to work on this more to prove it isn't a bad deal. I think if I give people a choice they will make the right decision.

So it could either be waiting for Superman to show up whenever with no guarantees he isn't out on a date or trusting to me with my crab cakes. And if they just learn to hold their noses for a bit they will eventually get used to the smell. Would that be work being rescued by a super hero you could depend upon to show up when you needed him too. That is unless they are having another sale on jelly beans. Then you might have t leave a message on my answering machine and let me get back to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home