Tuesday, February 13, 2007

NOT MARRIED

How come they need to know this on a credit application anyway? I mean I'm the one filling out the application, ain't that good enough?

I guess not for those stupid jerks at the credit card places. And at least I ought to be glad they aren't like insisting you be married to get a card.

I don't mind giving them information, but no way I'm going to get that desperate when filling it out to agree to that. Besides the person taking the info might be a guy and I sure wouldn't want to do that if talking to a guy!

Anyway, as best as I can figure this marital status thing is really kind of silly. The ask for married or divorced, single, which is the not married part I guess or separated.

But from listening to some folks that are married I think they left out a few categories. Like when I heard this one lady talked about having a husband that was total loser. Then there was this guy who called his wife a cold fish.

Well, I sure don't recall seeing either those as options listed on an application. So if I were those credit card companies I think they need to work on that problem.

That way they could appeal to more people and all those married folks who have apparently marriages totally other than just to be called married. I guess that is a thing to be proud of, but it sure don't seem like they are doing a lot of bragging when they mention it.

And apparently it is some kind of secret because I heard this one guy talking to another guy about how he was married to a ball and chain. I didn't even know you could married stuff like that.

Anyway, he also apparently had a wife because she showed up later. He was calling her hun and stuff. He never did mention anymore about the ball and chain though.

Guess he had one of those kinds of marriages that are what I heard as being cell-a-spit. Which I'm assuming means he got stuck in someplace that felt like a cell and it made him spit.

I could see where being married to a ball and chain and also some lady he called hun could make him feel like that. I wonder if you have to have a wedding ring for a ball and chain. Do they make them that size?

I didn't bother to ask him. Wasn't in need of knowing. Oh well, at least it wasn't my problem.

My biggest problem is with that other box where you are suppose to give them a mailing address. I have to go to the post office to check their address since that is where I mail my mail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home