Friday, January 05, 2007

READING THEM THE RIOT ACT

Is this supposed to be a good thing? I just wonder. Personally, I do like action stories. So hearing somebody telling me a story about some riot could be interesting.

I reckon it depends upon whether you are having them read the riot act by say talking to a bunch of people and yelling, "go and get that jerk!" I don't think being the one they are going to do the riot act on would be a good feeling. At least I wouldn't look forward to it.

So I don't think I'll be in any hurry to go somewhere that a person decides to do this type of reading. I wonder if it is in any way like one of those poetry readings. I know that not everyone likes poetry, but I don't reckon it would normally be about any riot.

However, I guess you could find some word to rhyme with riot or act. Not sure how many though. Hopefully enough for a whole poem. Providing it wasn't one of those epic types. You know the kind like they have over at the movies. Gosh if it is that long and they don't have an intermission or any refreshments then I can see why it would cause a riot.

Anyway, I think I won't volunteer to go to any of these readings. As for everyone else, well that is sort of up to them I reckon.

Personally, I guess if you are going to get all hung up going to one of these deals then you might want to take a bat or something. You know in case things get out of control and if by mistake they decide to make you the riot dude to get clobbered.

Now one word of advice might be is if things get sort of ugly and then you see them looking at you like a possible punching bag, you might want to use that as a hint it is a good time to leave. Just a thought of course.

Well, I reckon that ought to do enough for helping out this time. I really do get so much fun out of taking the time to pass on these little helpful thoughts.

And maybe one of these days I'll even run across a person or two who actually thought it was a good thing too. That is providing they are lugging a bat at the time.

It never hurts to be a little cautious. Just in case that person you think is cool is really insane.

Sometimes it is really tough knowing the difference for sure. I for one just plan on bashing first and asking questions later. That way if the other person is planning something like a riot you don't have to worry about them rioting on our body.

That might be some people's idea of fun, but not mine. And these days I figure with some of the crazy people out there it would be cool to always make sure that clobbering is something you don't talk about happening personally. It can be so less than memorable if you don't learn how to bash, duck or run quick enough.

THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: "Somebody said 'I love a parade.' I bet that was the dude who didn't have to clean up AFTER the horses came by."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home