Wednesday, January 10, 2007

CHEERS FOR STEERS

Yeah, I want to shout for the beef. I don't know, it just sort of needs to be said. I think considering how important beef is we need to really take time to appreciate it more.

First of all, you got all that beef in burgers. Not sure why it isn't beef burger instead of hamburger, but all I know is that my tummy sure appreciates when I gobble down a couple dozen burgers. And that is a big deal in my book. Because there is nothing to me that makes a day like when your tummy feels like it is filled with sunshine.

Burgers manage to help a lot, but even when you can have a burger it is cool the other beef options. There are things like tacos with beef in them, burritos with beef in them and who can forget steak. That is something I don't want to forget either.

Course I realize that steers might not be real cool about the idea of steak the way we can enjoy it. And I reckon that the people who raise cattle probably don't spend a lot of time you know whisper to old bossy about looking real tasty. Nope, I don't imagine that would be cool.

However, that doesn't mean we can't still say thanks to the steer for being such a big help with making our tummy's smile. Oh yeah, showing gratitude would be a good thing in my book. And nope, it ain't a cookbook either.

Anyway, I just thought during this cool time of the holidays when everyone you know gets their jollies by fixing extra special holiday meals we just don't want to forget the beef. It just wouldn't be a decent holiday season if I couldn't figure a nice burger or steak in their somewhere.

What I do wonder about though is what kind of steer do they use to make those things called beef logs? I've never seen any long tube shaped steers before. I know there are those dogs that shaped like that, but I've never seen any steer that looked like that.

Maybe they keep them somewhere special rather than on a farm. Shoot, if they are that skinny, heck you could probably even keep them inside the house.

However, I wonder if they would moo like a regular cow or leave manure all over the place. That would be so dang messy if you asked me.

But you know, I can't say it wouldn't be an okay idea I reckon if you enjoyed that kind of thing. I just wouldn't plan on it myself though.

For now though, I think I'll just stick with enjoy the beef in any shape it comes. And hope that if they do get it from some really weird shaped moo-cow I don't have to see it in the process. That wouldn't work for me.

But then I reckon if I did get stuck looking on it, I would just be sure I had some extra ketchup. There is very little when it comes to beef that doesn't look better when smothered in the red stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home