Sunday, December 24, 2006

THAT

I feel pretty darn good that I just tackled the dreaded issue of it. Now I'm going to take on that. Whew! I'm exhausted already from just thinking about it, er, I mean that.

Now one thing I do know is that when you say that it normally means it is something you are wanting somebody to look at. Only it generally has to be something really weird, strange or different than something normal. As it look at that and you can fill the part that comes next with lots of stuff like a flying cow or big, bad monster or just about anything else that isn't just a normal thing.

See if it is normal you always add like a name to the thing. Like look at that car or whatever. If you just say look at that it seems like you are talking about something you don't think is normal.

True, other than normal isn't always a bad thing. Why shoot there are some that say I'm other than normal. And it hasn't hurt me any. Course the folks that say that don't generally come and visit me to often. And they sure seem to have a need to change their phone numbers an awful lot. Plus they keep forgetting to give me the new one when they do change it. Personally if you ask me, I think that isn't the normal thing to do.

Getting back to this whole that thing, I do feel it is important to keep such things clear and what not. Mainly so people don't confuse when you ought to say that and when you ought to mention the THE part or name of the thing afterwards.

The reason this is important is because if you screw it up it could cause big problems. So for the sake of those that need it explained let me spell it out for you.

Now the first rule is that if the thing is a big, ugly monster you call it a that. By the time you were to say big, ugly you could end up being eaten so that is a good idea.

People are not normally something to be called that. Well, unless you are talking about Mr. Mammongrabber's enforcer, Bugly Ugly Savage. Now he is definitely a that. And believe me if you don't remember that you could end up being bent like a pretzel. So that would be better than ever LOOK OUT. That takes too long.

I suppose I could spend all day trying to explain all the times when you should say just that instead of the. However, to keep it smart and simple if something is going to eat your face or somebody's face it is definitely a that.

And it would be thoughtful to be sure you like tell the person before the alien that does eat their face too. Telling them afterwards just doesn't as a rule make them very grateful.

Well, I hope this explanation helped all those out there who might have been wondering when saying that was a good idea. And if I save one person from having their face eaten by an alien that then it will be worth it. If, on the other hand, I'm too late to help somebody else, then let me know, I have a few suggestions and cool places to buy masks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home