Monday, December 18, 2006

SYRUP SILLY

Oh man syrup can be such a great thing. It is wonderful on things like pancakes, waffles and even on eggs if you are daring.

But you got to be realistic on this subject. You start getting silly with syrup and put it on too many foods and you can have problems.

Like for example syrup doesn't work very well on say cake. Oh I guess you can give it a shot, but personally it doesn't work for me.

You know say if you have a nice big slice from a seven layer cake it just might not improve the taste. Here you got this say chocolate fudge flavored cake with double fudge chocolate frosting and then you put on about a gallon of Rocky Road Ice Cream plus topped it off by pouring fudge sauce on it, well syrup just doesn't help that much.

Plus if you say happen to want to help out the cake and ice cream thing with something like a gallon of root beer, seven to twelve dozen brownies, a couple extra large combination pizzas, six burgers and a bucket of fries, then syrup just might not help that out either. So we do have to exercise what Otis calls a little self-control.

I know what he means by that too. That is when you, meaning self, are the one handling the remote control.

I can see where that is important. After all if you are trying to balance all that food on your TV tray while watching television you sort of do need that remote so you don't spill something.

Which also makes using syrup in such situations a bit too much. I mean you could end up getting it on the remote control. That can make those darn buttons do dang sticky and hard to work.

And there is nothing more frustrating to me than you know sitting there and not being able to change channels with the remote so you can see a cool movie because the remote is all sticky. That can be awful. Because there you are trying to enjoy your small snack and have to get up and walk over to change the channels by hand. Oh the humanity. It can be so terrible.

That is why I try to keep my syrup use from getting too silly. That just is really a very important thing to do.

And if by chance you aren't very sure then I recommend you give it some serious thought. Because let me tell you not thinking about it and just getting your remote all sticky is not the way to find out for sure.

So I hope in this case you'll practice some good sense and if you are going to slather with syrup, don't it without any regrets from not being able to change TV channels. Trust me you'll thank me later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home