Monday, December 11, 2006

WHERE THE RUBBER MEETS THE DUCKY

Now this can be a real important event in terms of using a bathtub. Knowing the right information could just very well save you life if you are careful and paying attention.

Oh I know that might seem pretty impossible, but it could. How you might ask? Well, I'll tell you and feel free to take notes if you want to avoid the risk of a bathtub tragedy.

Okay, now for those how enjoy having a ducky bath buddy as some of us, then you do know the importance of making sure it floats. I mean if that thing sinks, you could have lots of problems.

Take for example, what if it has a hole and sinks to the bottom? Then you decide to grab for it. Well you are already all soaked, but then you end up sticking your head under the water to reach for that rubber ducky. Okay, you have to hold your breath and then after you can't hold it any longer you sit upright.

But in your rush, what happens? You end up bashing your head on the faucet or whatever. You end up knocking yourself unconscious and your head lands back in the water.

The next thing that happens is that you end up standing before Saint Peter still covered in soap suds and not much else. Would that be embarrassing or what?

And it would all be just because you didn't make sure the rubber on your ducky was honestly okay before you took a bath. Do you want to explain that to the man upstairs?

I know I don't. I mean my upstairs neighbor is a jerk. He thinks I'm weird as it is. So that last thing I want to do is give him any extra reason to think I'm stupid.

Well, that is why I recommend that you do a thorough check of your rubber ducky to prevent such disasters. I know it is easy to forget or get rush. I can understand how a person can get so rushed to get into that tub and enjoy the fun of clean.

But I sure don't want to see anybody end up in big trouble just for failing to take that couple of extra seconds to check old bathtub buddy rubber ducky for possible holes. So give it that extra time.

And I hate to say it, but in addition there are times when it is a point reached we all hate. That of saying good-bye to the old rubber ducky and shopping for a new one. You just have to let that old pal go on to rubber ducky heaven. Wherever that is. Not sure, but I'm sure it's somewhere.

In the meantime, just do what you can to savor a safe and soapy joyful occasion in the old bathtub. And don't forget to make sure old ducky is ready to play. Because the life you save in the process might be your very own. I know you'll thank me later for that advice even if you have to wait till you dry off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home