Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A DAY AT THE DUMP

Oh man, now this can be like Christmas if you get to the dump on a really good day when people have tossed away all kinds of treasures. Of course being a garbage man I do get first shot you know and poking through the stuff people through away on my trash route.

And let me tell you some people just aren't that good at appreciate how used stuff has value. They will throw away all kinds of cool stuff.

Can you believe people would toss away a lamp just because it stopped working? What kind of sick mind does something like that? It is terrible.

I mean just because the poor thing doesn't work as a lamp any longer doesn't mean you can still find a use for it. You just got to be willing to be creative.

What really gripes me is when I find something in the trash that is really cool and worthwhile and the person who tossed it just plain doesn't care. There I am on my trash route and I find this three legged chair or whatever and go up to the door and knock on it. You know I just want to make sure the person didn't make a mistake.

Man some of those people get so dang rude when you ask them that question. Just because it is four in the morning doesn't seem to me to be a big deal to go by and ask.

But those people just don't see it that way. They get all bent out of shape. Some even seem to have trouble talking. Their faces will get all red and they'll huff and puff and I guess they aren't feeling well, because they end up slamming the door shut.

Well, I figure if they are that thoughtless then they are ought of luck if they want it back later. So afterwards I don't feel too bad if I keep it.

Which then bring me to the dump. Like I said it is such a cool place at times. I can poke around and find the most amazing stuff.

But I just wish I could always bring it home. My buddy, Otis, just ain't that tolerable or appreciative of my effort to save really cool junk.

Like the other day when I found this great pair of shoes. I mean they looked great. And he wouldn't let me bring them home just because they had holes in the bottoms.

Can you believe him saying they were no good. Shoot I would let a thing like that keep me from enjoying them. There are things like bubble gum and newspaper to fix that problem.

Besides it isn't every day you find a cool pair of orange shoes. Course, I didn't tell Otis I went back and got them later. I can't wear them when he's around. Or in raining weather either. At least till I figure out how to get some plastic to stick to the bottoms. But on a hot day, man do I look cool with them and my lime green pants to go with my yellow beanie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home