Friday, December 01, 2006

LOCK, STOCK AND BARREL

Is this supposed to be a good thing? I heard somebody mentioning it the other day as if it was a big deal.

They were talking about some business and the place was having a sale on what was they said was lock, stock and barrel. I got the impression that was pretty much everything.

Only I'm not really clear if that would have been okay if the place didn't have any barrel. Then perhaps it would have just been lock and stock? And what if the place had more than lock? Would it have been locks and stock?

I also wonder if they locks were locked would it have been locked locks and stock or what? Well, it seems fair to ask. I mean somebody needs to ask they important questions. At least I think they do.

So I wonder, you know, if they didn't have all those three things would they still be able to sell everything? Seems like it could be kind of important?

Then I was thinking that perhaps you know this has something to do with the government. Yeah, you know how they are always doing stuff like taxing people and telling us what to do.

So maybe in this case they got some reason to tell a business to get rid of all their stuff. From what my buddy, Otis, says the government loves to mess up stuff.

Perhaps you got some super important dude or government big shot who comes in to a business and says, "okay, start moving your stuff around. I don't like the way it looks."

The next thing you know you end up with that not making him happy. Then it becomes move it again and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Afterwards, perhaps the business ends up with a bunch of broken junk from all the moving stuff around. So they figure they better sell it since they can't use it much any longer.

And if you sell everything you sure don't need the locks. I mean if all you junk is gone then what do you need to lock the doors for? Makes sense to me.

I guess this ranks up there with something like when they have some vents that get ripped up when you are putting them in. From the best I can figure that happens a lot. I'm always hearing about some business having an "in-vent-toring." I reckon it should be tearing perhaps, but what the heck, the important part is that it got torn huh?

Hopefully the next time they will be more careful. You would think so. But then it is hard to say with some people if the ever learn from when they mess up a lock, stock or barrel.

THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: "There is retired and also retread. Only it don't seem like you get a new anything with retired like you do with retread."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home