Thursday, November 30, 2006

CHEAP SHOTS

I like bargains as much as the next person. But when it comes to getting shots for stuff like flu, I don't see it as ever being a bargain regardless of how cheap they make it.

I guess what worries me is that when it comes to medicine, I figure they can only make it just so cheap. Then to cut the cost more they got to get creative.

Which I figure means you know the got to use something other than needles to give you the shot. Perhaps a really sharp tooth pick.

Or a straight pen used with the help of a hammer. I don't think I want to give it a try. And I also don't think I want to you know try that other way this one dude suggestion.

His idea was that you paint the medicine on a big steel spike welded to the bumper of a truck and wait till the person tries to cross the street. Then you floor it and SURPRISE! Only I don't imagine the person will say thank you.

Well I guess the other big concern might be you know that you get some dummy to try and give the shot. What if the dude was like blind for example. That could really suck.

The dude my end up sticking you some place where it could smart big time. You can forget me liking that idea.

Now I know how they are always talking about medical costs are too expensive. But I'm just not sure we want to economize on getting some blind or otherwise handicapped person to give out shots to save money.

But I reckon there will always be a few strange people out there that will think tha tis a good idea. I'm not one of them, but that doesn't mean somebody wouldn't try it.

All I know is that I definitely don't want that one method this other guy came up with. He wanted to replace regular shots by using a hand grenade or bazooka.

At least I'm not too worried about old Colonel Stickemstill getting that one to work. He's the head of our local civilian militia and the Mayor won't even trust him with ammunition or guns. So I doubt he'll get his hands on some hand grenade.

Well I hope he won't. You never can be sure what you can pick up on sale at some war surplus store.

All I can say is if he comes my way and mentions anything about shots, the first thing I'm going to do is duck. Unfortunately I just realized that could run the risk of him blowing up my butt. Gee some choice that leaves me.

I suppose I'll just have to keep on hoping he never gets put in charge of flu season. I don't think his cure would be that helpful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home