Monday, November 27, 2006

REMEMBERING WHEN

How come the person who says this never explains what the when happens to be? I mean is this supposed to be a good thing or what?

I guess it can be. Remembering when I had my last trip to the candy store is always a good thing. Whereas remembering when I screwed up as a grimefighter does not make my list of fun things to do.

The one thing that sort of bugs me more than others is the fact that I don't find enough people ready to remember when I last saved the world. You would figure that somebody might notice and think it was worth remembering.

Heck, I even tried to make it easy for people one time too. I called up the newspaper to try and see if they had heard of my little effort to save the world. That jerk from the paper had the nerve to ask, "who?' when I called.

Now I ask you is that anyway to treat a super hero? I don't think so. So I went ahead and explained the whole deal to this guy. I figured at least he could be a little appreciative of my efforts.

But that guy had the nerve to act like saving the world from a dangerous and crazed litter bug was no that big of a deal. Talk about not knowing what is important.

Well I tried to explain how maybe he didn't have things quite right. You know I went on to explain all about the company I work for called STINK, about my buddy Otis, and our boss Dr. Hemoglobin. I suppose I should have not gone into detail about old rat boy Junior Hemoglobin.

Anyway, somewhere in the middle of my explanation I guess that guy had someone tell him a funny joke. Because he started laughing and carrying on like he was at some party.

Then I guess something went wrong with his phone. Because all of sudden we got disconnected.

I did try calling back, but it didn't do me much good. When I told his secretary who was calling all she did was start laughing and then hung up. Guess whatever joke he heard they told her too. Too bad they have so many problems with their phone lines.

So I didn't try calling back. I did write them a letter though. I didn't get the guy's name unfortunately.

I just addressed it to the head writer dude in charge of super hero remember when stuff. I bet that impressed them. I got to admit I didn't see any articles in the paper yet. But I imagine they just have had the time to include it. It has only been six months. I know that can be not enough time before you can call it a real remember when event. Guess we will have to wait until they do then people will really know what kind of person I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home