Friday, November 17, 2006

PRESERVATIVES

I had this terrible thought the other day. I was thinking about all the preservatives they put in foods.

Now if these preservative do strange stuff to food, they do they do strange stuff when you eat them? But then I figured that probably wasn't the case since it would really be the kind of problem that would really get people pissed off.

Well that is providing they told us about what weird junk they are in the first place and I reckon they aren't going to do that are they? I know they got that government thing called the Food and Drug Administration. Or something along that lines.

What I want to know is how come they got the word food and drug together in the same place. And do they spend most of their time messing more with food or drugs?

I'm guess, but since they mention food first that is what they spend most of the time messing with. So you have to be curious on the drug part.

Only they don't seem too concerned with making sure we know the difference. You figure they would at least tell us.

Plus what happen if they get all confused some time and say can remember if something is supposed to be a food or a drug. Man that could be a disaster if you picked up a brownie and bit into it and got a mouth full of yucky pills.

Seeing how I spend a lot of time thinking about jelly beans I figure that I got a bigger reason to be concerned. After all they do look like pills to start with. So I sure hope those people over there don't end up putting all the good jelly beans in aspirin bottles.

Meanwhile in the preservative thing I also got to wonder if they spend a lot of time making sure they fill them in those jars full of fruit they call things like strawberry preserves. Only I don't know if I want to try them very much if it means you know they got extra in them for some reasons.

That sort of messes up my idea of what a great peanut butter and strawberry preserve sandwich out to taste like. But I guess there are ways around that problem.

Which is why I always add lots of good extra stuff to make sure my peanut butter sandwiches from any possible preservative problems. I do that by including stuff such as marshmallows, potato chips, fudge say, bananas (providing I'm not trying to watch the calories), cherries and whatever else will give it a real decent taste.

Oh yeah, I nearly forgot about including jelly beans. But after thinking about it I best double check them to be sure they ain't pills. That would sure take the fun out of my sandwich. And nobody who is going to put up with preservatives out to worry about the fun going away because somebody tried to pass off pills as fake jelly beans.

Thought for the week: "They say you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. But then did anybody ask the horse if he preferred soda pop?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home