Monday, November 13, 2006

WHISTLE WHILE YOU WORK

I never do this. And the reason is because if I'm on duty as a grimefighter that would be stupid. I could hardly chase down some griminal or be out stake out very well if I was spending the time whistling. But I have a feeling I'm not the only person with a job that whistling ain't a good thing.

Like in a library, you just wouldn't want to have some dude making all that noise while you were reading. At least I wouldn't think it was cool.

Plus I bet you wouldn't find too many funeral directors that spend their time whistling during any funeral. I think that would sort of piss off the mourners and I figure they already have enough to be unhappy about.

I also don't imagine that policeman would do a lot of whistling while busting the bad guys. I mean I just think it wouldn't be a good way for them to make what they do seem serious.

That also brings up the issue of soldiers too. Would you want some dude lugging around a big gun who is suppose to spend his time blowing up stuff and massacring the enemy spending his time whistling? I don't think so.

Which sort of brings up the question of who in the heck is suppose to whistle while working? I think it mainly applies to say referees and umpires at sporting events.

Yep, nobody would complain if they whistle. In fact you sort of expect it. But as for the others, well shoot I'm just not convinced it is a good idea.

There are also coaches naturally. Again it is a sports thing. They kind of have to use a whistle I guess when they aren't yelling to get you to do better.

Meanwhile, I do have a whistle myself. And I'm sort of thinking I wouldn't mind using it for some reason at work.

I haven't figured out a way to work it in to being a grimefighter, but I'm thinking maybe as a garbage man it could work. Yeah, perhaps that would be cool.

I was thinking it might be cool to use when I'm collecting the trash. You know to sort of warn people that it was time to be sure they had their garbage out for me to collect.

But then I'm just not sure if everyone would feel enthused about having me blowing a whistle at five in the morning. Guess I could knock on their doors to ask them. Only last time I tried to ask them that way they didn't seem to enjoy the idea.

Well I reckon not everyone can be a morning person. But then with some people I'm not sure they are any kind of time person. But then perhaps I can change that with my whistle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home