Tuesday, November 14, 2006

YOU HAD TO BE THERE

Man I sure hate it when somebody says this like I really have a reason to think if I was there I would have seen what they claim they saw. This mainly happens to me at work. The guys will be sitting around talking about whatever they did on the weekend and then after making it sound cool they will add that part about you had to be there.

Which I don't mind I guess except that this place they call there is never available for the next time. I mean when you say, "man that sounds cool, can I go there with you next time?"

Let me tell you they never say yes. Oh they always got some lame excuse for not letting me join them. But like I said it never ends up being a chance to go wherever this cool there happened.

If I didn't know better I would assume they are doing that on purpose. Over at STINK the other grimefighters all know I'm a cool and happening kind of dude. Yeah, I'm really classy when I'm around them.

So classy in fact that none of them ever tries to be as cool as I am. Oh they try to pretend that my coolness isn't that big of a deal, but just because they make some snide comment like my ideas are stupid doesn't mean I don't know how much they really wish they could be as cool as me.

Which is why I don't try to impress them too much with my wild weekends. I mean there is nothing to compare to the excitement of standing in line for an hour before the candy store opens. That way you can be the first one to get inside and have first pick of the jelly beans they just got in. Oh yeah that is one of those moments that ain't the same unless you have been there.

Most of them just never developed as good a gourmet sense as I have I reckon. So they never full get a chance to enjoy them like they should.

But that's okay, I mean I'll let them think that doing stuff like going out and skiing or to some trip somewhere be their idea of cool. I guess I do have to grant them a chance at their own limited ability to be really cool.

That is for all of them other than that rat boy, Junior. That dude is hopeless. No matter how hard he tries he will never be cool.

I guess in some ways he can't help the fact that he looks like a rat boy and that all he ever thinks about is cheese. I mean he could try to think in other terms some times, but it ain't going to happen.

So I will tolerate him tooling around in his dad's limo and thinking living in that big fancy house is an compensation for not having fresh jelly beans. Meanwhile, I'll be the one with the smile on his face at the candy store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home