Thursday, December 07, 2006

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT

Well I like the taking part, but if you are going to mess around tell me to take something or settle for some leaves, forget it. I ain't going to be content messing with any stupid leaves.

I'll rake grass if I need to and I know that this time of year lots of people get hung up raking up leaves, but don't make me do both. That is just too cruel.

Not that I'm a big fan of yard work in the first place. How come they can't make grass that just mows itself or doesn't even needs mowing?

But noooo, they got to give you grief by making you spend all that extra time cutting some lawn then cleaning it up afterwards. And what is the point? I mean if you cut it, you just end up cutting again next week or the week after. It never ends.

So what is your reward for cutting the grass? Is it an ice cream sundae or some jelly beans? Nope. Some nut hands you a rake.

What the heck kind of reward is that? None to me that is for sure. And then if you do rake up the leaves what happens next? They make you water the whole mess so you have to do it again.

I tell you it just ain't fair. It just sucks. Whose idea was this lawn stuff anyway? Is it a dumb law somebody passed.

Yeah, I bet that is it. Some clown of a politician thought it would be real cool to make us all miserable by making us spend time cutting grass and then raking leaves.

And he probably did it all just to make us look stupid. I bet he sits back and has it all on film so he can show it to his buds that are also all politicians.

One thing you can pretty much know for certain. You ain't going to see any of those darn politicians out cutting grass. Nope, I don't see anyone wearing some three piece suit pushing some lawnmower.

I only wish there was another option. Personally, I think I would vote for carpet or just painting the dirt a nice shade of green. What would be the problem with that?

Well, I reckon that it doesn't matter what would be easier. You got to consider all those rake people and lawnmower people who would be out of work if we didn't keep cutting grass.

But perhaps if we could say allow them to take up some other kind of work they would stop bugging us about this whole yard thing. Then we could paint them suckers and kick back and celebrate with a few ice cream sundaes. I'll vote for that. Wish I could convince them darn politicians to do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home