Sunday, December 17, 2006

BOFFO ON THE BRAIN

You know this is the craziest thing at times. One moment you get an idea and think to yourself, man this is pure genius. Heck you may even succeed in explaining it to somebody else and then will agree that it is incredible.

Then something happens. And later like the next day the same idea seems dumb or ordinary. You end up scratching your head and wondering what went wrong.

I call those experiences a case of boffo on the brain. Something that really makes you happy and excited at one second and then later feeling like you're crazy or worse.

I hate when that happens. And in my case I blame it on 3pm on Saturday afternoons. Because that is when this seems to take place in my life the most.

The reason I remember is because generally that is when I make it home after they have a big sale at the candy store on jelly beans. So I'll go over there and buy my small amount of ten or twelve bags and naturally I snack all the way home.

By three I'm home and resting from my trip with my tummy just extra full of jelly beans since the sale is the only time I really get a decent about. I'll be sitting there and sort of get lightheaded. It is probably from walking I imagine or all that chewing of jelly beans.

Anyway suddenly in addition to feeling lightheaded I start getting all these cool ideas. Well, they sure seem like they are cool at the time.

So I'll call up some of my pals and tell them and they will agree. Most of the time they seem to make more sense to them when they just finished running some errand. Like going by the donut shop and gobbling down six or seven dozen donuts.

I figure there must be something about that exercise that is the cause of making things seem different and smart when they really aren't. But we sure feel at the time that is was a good thing.

But then by Sunday, I don't know, it just don't seem all that inspired any longer. That sure is a shame to go to bed thinking you are a genius and wake up feeling like a dummy.

My buddy, Otis, sure ain't no help. He had the nerve to claim that the problem of my getting weird ideas was from my eating jelly beans.

Can you believe he would make a stupid comment like that? Man that is so silly. I mean my other pals didn't have any jelly beans and they still thought weird junk too.

I just think he gets jealous because I get to sit there and enjoy myself with great thoughts after eating all my jell beans and he doesn't have the same thought. But then he might and I'm not sure at times. That is because most of the time after I have my great thoughts from coming home after eating all those jelly beans I have to take a nap for a while. I think that is the darn exercise causing it. Boy that sweating sure doesn't seem like it is a great thing I don't care what anybody says.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home