Friday, December 15, 2006

A BUMP IN THE ROAD

Man or man, this ought to be no big deal. Unless say the bump is cause by some dude sleeping in the middle of the road. But I guess if a person was stupid enough to take a nap in the middle of the road they got some really big problems.

Otherwise it might be a log or say a rock or even some road kill. But none of those are that big of a problem as far as I can see.

It don't work that way for my boss, Dr. Hemoglobin. And I guess it don't work that way for his son, old rat boy, Junior, either. If you listen to them a bump in the road is a really bad thing.

I'm not sure why either. I mean my buddy Otis and I do lots of traveling in our garbage truck and also when using a diaper service van on some grimefighting assignment. And we run over junk all the time, but it is normally no big deal.

Well the other day we are out on this one grimefighting assignment and things didn't go quite as planned. We sort of didn't quite catch the bad guy. Believe me we sure tried, but it just didn't happen the way we expected.

Oh we sure came close. I still think that old dude was faking it when I went to try and make him confess he was a little bug big time. But he just never cracked and admitted it.

Well live and learn I guess. And when his grandkids showed up they sure weren't appreciative or our efforts to rid the world of filth and clean.

Hey that guy started it. He was the one who was acted all weird in my book. Well I call it weird when you are talking to bushes and junk. \
But I guess that was just his way of you know taking care of plants. Like was suppose to know that he was a retired gardener. Anybody can be holding a bucket and spade and spend time watering plants in their front yard without being a retired gardener. Besides, he didn't come out right away and say it was his house. Just because he had his name on his shirt and it matched the one on that sign on the house doesn't prove a thing in my book.

Anyway, one thing lead to another and before I knew it his grandkids decided to express their opinion on our efforts. One thing lead to another and well those cops didn't seem to have the same attitude about clean as us ether.

Which is where the bump in the road thing came in. It happen when Dr. Hemoglobin was talking to the cops while posting our bail.

Personally, I don't recall running over anything, but then I don't always notice those things. At least the bump in the road was something Dr. Hemoglobin used to explain our little misunderstanding over that incident. Maybe he saw something in the road I didn't.

THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: "How come they call them 'coin' operated vending machines when I have to push all the buttons to get them to work?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home