Saturday, October 21, 2006

WHO GOES THERE?

The question I have is what is the most important part of this question? Now some people might claim it is the who part. I mean you are asking to know who is going wherever they are going. But you know to me it is the goes part that really counts.

After all you do got to worrying only if they are going. Knowing the who part or the there part don't seem like a big deal. Because if you don't know the goes part how you going to be able to spot them to know of who really got there?

Otherwise the person who is the who might just sneak up and get to the there without you being able to tell. This is really important if you are watching out for some real special reason to find some person. So you know who they are and where they are going, but not how they are going to get there. Shoot what if they show up driving some huge motor home shaped like a purple whale? Man that could be really embarrassing if you didn't know they were planning on driving the stupid thing.

Now I hear this is a big question for those Army types to ask when they are guarding something. I don't want to be unkind to anyone who happens to own a bunch of guns, but don't you think it is kind of dumb for somebody guarding a there to ask who goes there? They already know the there as far as I'm concerned. Let's get real on that issue.

As for the who part. Well, now you are guarding something you normally don't do that unless it is important or valuable. So who is likely to be the who, but some jerk who wants whatever you are guarding. That's where I figure they came up with that saying don't shoot till you see the light of their pies.

Which I figure means make darn sure you are real clear on who is it that might be creeping on where you are. Basically that to me is the idea that if you are guarding something that you would end up shooting somebody then make sure they aren't some pie delivery dude just bringing dessert. Seems simple enough.

All of that brings me back to the basic issue of knowing darn sure what it is the person is going in. After all if some jerk who is lugging a pie to make it look like he's harmless happens to be moving in some big tank you can pretty much knew he ain't not dessert salesman.

I just hope I made that clear so in the future if you find yourself in the position for asking this question you won't forget to ask about the going part. Make sure you got that aspect all clear before worrying about the other stuff.

Having said all of that I'm ready now to head off and do my thing. All I have to figure out what my thing is. See that is another of those questions where people get confused over what part of the question or comment is important.

With doing my thing it is the thing part that counts. You know it is mine and you are doing it, which leaves just figuring out what the darn thing is. Just thought I would pass that on for what it was worth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home