Saturday, October 14, 2006

DOING UNTO OTHERS

There are all kinds of doing that involves others. Some of them are good and others not so great. That sort of depends if you are the other being done to or the one who is the doer.

To me the big word in all of this is unto. Because unto is a little different than doing for someone. Unto them ain't necessarily a good thing. It can be I suppose if you into doing unto others for good reasons.

Only from what I've seen there are a whole lot of times when the unto folks are other than interested in good stuff for others. Now if you are talking of somebody like say Bugly Ugly Savage who is Mr. Mammongrabber's enforcer, you just know the one thing he's not going to do is anything that is an unto you will smile about.

But then you sort of know he is that way, so I don't much expect otherwise from him. What kind of confuses me is dealing with somebody like the Reverend Analbe. He kind of talks about doing good stuff unto others, but by the time he gets does it just don't quite seem to come out that way.

Unless you sort of think keeping people from doing anything fun is doing good unto them. I haven't quite met too many people that would look at that as a good thing.

However, the Reverend seems to think that the best way to help people is making sure they don't do anything remotely fun. He seems to regard that as somehow helping them.

I'm not really clear how he figures that, but I did ask him once and all he did was start talking about turning the other cheek. Only he never did say which one of my butt cheeks that meant so it didn't help, plus I never did get the hang of understand how I was suppose to turn it either.

Then he went on to talk about sinning, which he seems to talk about a lot and storing up treasures in heaven. It might have been nice if he had you know told me exactly where I was suppose to get the treasures. I wasn't very clear on where they were that I could lay my hands on them. Guess he will get around to explaining it eventually.

In the meantime, I reckon I'll just have to be content with trying to do my own version of this do unto other thing. I think I'll stick with not pissing people off by doing stuff that would piss me off. Seems fair.

That is unless the person is a griminal. If they are a griminal I plan on doing a whole lot of stuff to them that pisses me off.

After all, griminals might be part of the others, but their unto part sure doesn't apply to me and nobody else either since leaving messes is hardly a good thing in my book. That's the one I call the good book. But I don't tell the Reverend that since he would no doubt expect me to take it away for being something I enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home