Sunday, October 22, 2006

KNOCK, KNOCK

What I want to know is who is the sick person who first came up with these darn knock knock jokes? Don't we have enough to worry about in life besides always having to ask who's there when somebody says knock knock?

We got this jerk over where I work at STINK who love knock knock jokes. And most of the are totally dumb or honestly make no sense at all.

Like this one where when you ask who's there? And he will say, Onion. So you ask Onion who?

Then he will reply "God bless you." Afterwards he totally cracks up like it was the funniest joke ever told.

Now maybe that is his idea of a cool joke making it seem like when you ask Onion who you are sounding like you are sneezing, but it doesn't work for me. Which is okay since I don't have to see the guy everyday.

The only problem I got is he ends seeing other people are STINK and telling them his stupid jokes. Then they decide to tell me. Like I really need that.

I do sort of have my own way of dealing with this silliness though. It is kind of knock, knock. Only I use a bat and you don't have to ask who's there.

In face with my version of knock, knock you probably won't be awake to even ask. So that works for me.

It just doesn't work for my buddy Otis. He seems to think that kind of knock, knock is not a good choice.

So I generally have to keep my bat hidden at times when we are together. That way when I need to use my version of knock, knock I have it handy, but don't have to let him know.

One way I have gotten around it too is when I do my version of knock, knock on some griminal when Otis isn't looking I always have my own way of explaining him finding the person lying unconscious on the ground. I just telling him I was telling the person jokes.

So far he hasn't bugged me about that reply. And hopefully, he won't ask me to tell him the jokes either.

I mean Otis is my bud and even though he does some weird stuff at times, I really don't want to expose him to that kind of knock, knock. I suppose I'm going to have to ask that jerk to tell me a few of his so I don't have to make up any stupid ones. But then considering how dumb his jokes are, I'm not sure making them up isn't a better idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home