Monday, October 23, 2006

ALL IN SO-SO TIME

Some might say this is supposed to be all in good time. Which to me suggests somebody is claiming waiting is always a good thing.

Personally I think the joker that said that probably was not having to wait for anything. I always hate when somebody tells you to do something they aren't willing to do.

As far as I'm concerned if you aren't getting stuck having to wait then don't be saying stupid junk about how it is cool or good. Which can sort of get complicated if you are dealing with somebody who is trying to be sympathetic, but it doesn't affect them either.

See the problem with that approach is that people try to act all calm and relaxed in their sympathy while you are there crapping your pants from anxiety. So while they try to be helpful by listening, you can tell in reality they are sort of thinking, "whew, glad I'm not as bad off as that poor slob." Which you be can sure really doesn't make me feel better.

What is even worse though are those 'have a nice day jerks.' They will ask you how you are doing and then never hear a single word you say. You can tell them that you arm just fell off and you found out that you got some terrible disease and all they will do is say, "have a nice day."

You can be darn sure having a nice day is not want I want to wish them in such situations. But then since Otis doesn't let me always carry my bat like I want it means I can always with them an all in good time, my way.

That is the part of all in good time that never happens the way I want I guess. It don't stop me from practicing just in case.

Of course I don't tell Otis about those times either. Although I will admit he sort of suspects something when he sees this one pillow I tape to this pole at times. I got a picture of old rat boy, Junior Hemoglobin, taped to it.

Man, if there is one all in good time I wish would come it would be when I get to take my bat and say hello to old rat boy. I've had a few nice dreams of imagining those times when he just stands there sucking on hunk of cheese and dares to say something dumb like "have a nice day."

Only in a way he would be right. I mean I can't think of a better or nice day than one where I got to clobber old rat boy senseless. But I kind of know it won't happen any time soon.

The big problem isn't with Junior, but his dad, Dr. Hemoglobin who is our boss. He sort of takes offense to the idea of any of us bashing Junior. And that is kind of discouraging since I'm not quite ready to risk getting fired for making sure old rat boy does get what he deserves. Which is why at times, I just have to sneak out to the garage with that pillow and my bat and look at Junior's mug before I swing my bat and say, "In good time."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home