Monday, September 25, 2006

IN THE NAME OF...

Talk about name droppers! Jeez, this is so crazy. There are people running around doing junk and then blaming in on somebody else by saying they did it because of that person.

Now that is okay if you are talking about something cool. Like if you save the world and say you did it in the name of whatever that is a good thing.

However if say you cut the cheese in a crowded elevator you know darn well that if you is it was somebody else who did it that won't be a good thing. At least not for that person.

Over at STINK we do a lot of stuff in the name of the Spirit of Cleanliness. I got to admit that I have never actually met the Spirit of Clean, so I can't say if it was okay with the spirit.

But since we are only doing things to make things clean I don't reckon the Spirit of Cleanliness would be too upset. Although on those occasions when we kind of messed up I'm not sure the Spirit of Cleanliness would think it was cool.

There are a lot of other in the name of things, other than the big one used by Reverend Analbe who does stuff in the name of the Lord. Never thought the Lord was interested in donuts, but he seems to think so.

Anyway outside of that situation there are the other occasions when people do junk in the name of something. Like when I've heard it said of in the name of all that is holy and decent. They never give to me details on what is the holy or decent part so that can be kind of hard to sort through.

Then there is part the good guys say in movies where you have to stop in the name of the law. Not sure I know why moving is against the law in that sense, but it seems to be important as far as the bad guys go.

There is also the part about in the name of justice. Only they never tell you justice's first name or last name if justice is the first name. I mean when I hear them talk about justice they show me this statue of a lady wearing a blindfold.

But I reckon they feel it is important to be sure they call out in the name of since obvious that justice lady wouldn't know you were talking about her if she was wearing a blindfold. Seems kind of strange to me if you ask, which I reckon nobody has.

Well most of this in the name of business seems to work okay. But I don't care for when old Rat Boy, Junior Hemoglobin, starts talking about in the name of cheese. That's going too far if you ask me.

I'm just glad that we are able to shove some cheese in his face to make him shut up on this in the name of thing. I really don't want to hear that if I can avoid it. Besides if you try that on a bad guy he'll probably shove a hunk of cheddar up your nose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home