Friday, September 01, 2006

GIVE A LITTLE

Well for me there are two ways this can be understood. There is the giving where you give something to others and then there is the type where you give in to what somebody else wants.

I like the first part if it means somebody else is doing the giving and I'm getting in the process. Unfortunately for me when I end up on the giving end it normally means I end up having to give in also. That's the part that sucks.

I can't say that happens to me all the time. Mainly at STINK, which is where a lot of stuff happens to me that doesn't happen elsewhere.

I don't know that I mind it being that way sometimes. Only when it happens too often it kind of makes you a little brain fried. At least it does me.

Now I wish there were some rules to this whole business of give a little. A place perhaps where you could maybe consult a rulebook when somebody started in by expecting you to give in.

You could go, nope, I don't have to since it isn't in the rules. And then you could even flash it in their faces and it would stop the problem.

I did go looking for that kind of rulebook once. But after I got through explaining it to the lady at the library she sort got weird on me.

Then she said something about having to go and check on something, but never came back. I think she must have gotten sick because the next time I went to the library she wasn't there any longer. They said she had quit.

I guess it must have something to do with the books in the library causing health problems. Because I have noticed how often I have gone to the library and after talking to the librarian on duty he or she isn't there the next time I go back.

Guess that is a good reason for me to not go back so I don't catch whatever it is that they got. But then I'm not sure I have too many other choices.

I did try calling the information operator, but they never did seem to have any information for me. That gets to be kind of frustrating.

I also tried calling customer service over at the cable company, but lately when I call and give them my name they just put me on hold and never come back on the phone. Guess they get real busy at times.

I suppose I'll have to go back to the library again. I sure hope they don't keep changing their time for being open. After the last time I noticed that they locked the door when I was coming up the walkway. I wouldn't have thought they would close at eleven in the morning, but I guess there was a reason.

Thought for the week: "Shouldn't a person who speaks with a forked tongue be told to take the silverware out of his mouth before talking?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home