Thursday, August 24, 2006

ROSEBUD

I saw this moving the other day about some dude who was apparently hung up on sugar, big time. They called it Citizen Cane. And as best as I could figure in the middle of all that other stuff this dude got his name from messing with sugar cane. That as I understand it is how sugar comes before they stuff it in cereal boxes, candy and other good stuff we get to eat.

Not sure what all this movie was about, but from as best I could figure at the end he was hung up thinking about sugar cane, only he confused with flowers so all he could do was mumble about rosebud. Seems kind of a strange option if you ask me, but you know people do think weird junk at times so I guess I can appreciate it.

Now the big star of this movie was this guy names Or-saw Wells. Which seems like somewhere he must have spent a fair amount of time looking for wells of some kind instead of whatever he was doing that he saw before the or he saw wells part.

In any case somebody said this was suppose to be the best movie ever made. And I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I got to be honest, I've sure seen better in my time.

After all there wasn't a single scene where anybody got blown up real good. And man it must have been made by somebody who didn't have lots of money since they didn't even show it in color. I can imagine it does cost a bundle to have somebody go round and paint colors on the movie film. So I reckon that could be problem in some cases.

But I'm not complaining. I mean at least when I was watching it I didn't get sick and any time I can watch a movie and not get sick that is a good thing in my book. Well I reckon there are cases when I sort of get sick that isn't the fault of a movie.

I should probably know better than to do stuff like have popcorn, candy, hot dogs and three or four big drinks after I had lunch and a snack before coming to the theater. But i always like to be careful you understand. You just never know when a theater might be out of the cool snacks.

I admit that doesn't happen very often, but it can. So I like to be prepared. However, next time I'm definitely not going to waste my time doing anything like say trying one of those sandwich "creations" that Granny Potts gave me to try. Maybe apart they would be okay tasting, but a sardine, sauerkraut, headcheese, baloney, fudge and peanut butter sandwich just kind of upset my stomach.

Anyway, at least in this movie the Citizen Cane dude was okay. I didn't see him wolfing down any sandwiches, but he didn't live in a big house, which I reckon is a good thing.

And I suppose seeing how he did die in the end I will make allowances for the fact that he did have trouble at the last being able to remember the difference between a rosebud and some nice sugar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home