Monday, August 21, 2006

CAN OF WORMS VERSES A CAN OF SOUP

Sometimes you just got to have a little yucky to get a little yummy. Take a can for worms for example. By itself it isn't a good thing.

However if you use them for fishing and managed to catch yourself a nice tasty fish then that was worth it. I'm still trying to figure out where in the water those fish that are breaded and happen to be shaped like sticks manage to swim. It would be great to catch them like that so you didn't have to waste time cleaning them an all. And if you could succeed in finding them while they were say holding onto some of that tartar sauce that would be even better.

Oh well, I guess one of these days I'll find that out. In the meantime I should talk about the stuff called soup. And the big difference between a can of soup and a can of worms is that the soup won't catch you something yummy if it ain't that way already.

So with soup it is either tasty to start with or it isn't. And the one thing it never is from what I can tell is extra full of good stuff like jelly beans.

See that is the problem I have with soup. How come they can't make it more tasty in flavors you really like?

Oh I guess stuff like mushroom and vegetables are okay. They sort of work. And when they add cream it ain't too bad. But it just ain't the kind of food that really zings if you ask me.

Nope, it is just one of those foods you just sort of depend upon when all else fails that is really tasty. And frankly I get a little worried when they are talking about something like say, chicken soup. I mean how do they get a whole chicken to fit into some can? I sure hope they remove the feathers first. Plus how do you make sure you aren't going to end up eating say chicken butt instead of the good part. It is kind of hard to tell for sure.

So that is why at least with a can of worms no matter how yucky it appears at least it is dependable. You know what to expect. It will be a mess and you can hope it will lead to getting a nice fish for dinner.

I heard they make this one soup called clam chowder. Not sure what all goes into that can, but I know that clam do have shells and that too me don't sound like something I want to take a bite of any time soon.

Maybe one of these days the soup people will learn a lesson or two about what really is tasty. You can sure hope so.

In the meantime maybe I'll give a shot and writing to the soup people and make a few suggestions on how they can improve what they have. Yeah, jelly bean soup would be my first choice. Maybe you could even put it in different colors. That would be helpful too although not sure black jelly bean soup would be a big hit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home