Sunday, August 20, 2006

OPEN WIDE VERSES WIDE OPEN

Saying ah is not the same as opening a door. I would hope most people would know that, but I guess some don't.

So for the benefit of those who don't know and aren't aware, let me explain the difference. The open wide happens to you when you do to a doctor or dentist. Open wide is all about opening your mouth and that can be painful.

Wide open is like with a door. It is something that is supposed to be shut and is open totally and widely for not good reason that you know of.

I guess this was an even bigger problem in the old west. I heard them talking about towns being wide open. Thing is I never knew of a town that was supposed to be shut. That is really strange as far as I know.

But I guess it was a big deal in those days. And it apparently had something to do with ovens. I heard them talking in this one cowboy movie about the problems of having an open range.

Boy you can sure know that would be a pain. I mean if you left the thing on a hot day it would be terrible. All that heat would be such a bugger if you asked me.

So I reckon that perhaps they had big problems with doctors and dentist back then so it affected them in such a way that it made them worry about stuff like the very town itself being open. And brother if they went around leaving a bunch of ovens open that would even be a bigger problem.

Which is probably why they had to have a special day when everybody took it off to get away from all the problems with open stuff. And I know it had to do with doctors since they called it Doc Holiday.

Gosh I'm sure glad I didn't have to be around in those days, I don't know about you. And that wasn't there only problem either.

Why they were so weird they even made fences in the shape of letters. They had this one called the Okay Corral. A corral I guess was western talk for a fence.

Anyway somebody man at somebody I reckon and they probably were you know pissed over all those open ranges burning. So they had a gun fight at this okay corral. Well i guess shooting it out with squirt guns is one way to take care of problems I reckon.

But I don't think I would go for it. However, maybe if they you know included something else beside water it would have been a little fun.

Well I'm glad I don't live in those days. And we don't have as much problem with things like people leaving stoves open when fixing dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home