Monday, August 28, 2006

JUST A LITTLE UNDERSTANDING

People always say that when they are expecting you to agree with their point of view. Of course they never say it when you want them to see you side of things. It is another of those one sided deals as far as I'm concerned and that is a real pain in the butt.

This happens a lot over where I work. The management of STINK, which consists of Dr. Hemoglobin and his son old rat boy, Junior Hemoglobin, are always harping on how we need to have a little understanding.

They say that mainly because they are peddling some new rule or whatever and expect us to do what they want. So the understanding part amounts to us doing things their way.

Naturally they never ask OUR opinion. I guess that is part of the whole management situation. Which as best as I can figure means that you have the right to expect people to things your way.

It never amounts to them doing it your way. So I suppose being management means you have the right to be selfish. Wish that was my choice at times.

What cracks me up is when they talk about stuff like you know taking a vote on something the only one whose vote counts is either Dr. Hemoglobin or Junior. I heard them talking about having a secret ballot for a vote once and never figured out why considering they were the only ones that actually got to vote.

But that is another part of this whole deal that I know. No matter what happens, it doesn't amount to us being figured in terms of the understanding. It always just becomes a matter of them talking where the problem is OUR problem.

It sure makes life crazy that is for sure. Nothing ever gets done unless it is with us doing all the understanding and them having the right to make all the rules.

I did kind of crack up that time when I heard them talk about wanting input. That was what they called it when they asked our opinion.

Well they got it alright, but I don't think they liked what they heard since they didn't ask again. So we ended up getting the chance at least once to tell them what we thought.

The little understanding part sort of fell short in that regard. They didn't quite see that as quite the same thing. So the understanding didn't end up with us getting them to understand anything.

Which is sort of a form of understanding I guess. We just basically end up had no understanding in the final end and that is a form of understanding itself I suppose.

Only I won't say it was the good part. At least not that I could figure would mean we would all know more once it was over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home