Sunday, August 27, 2006

HANDY DUDES

There are some people who just always seem to be so dang good and helping others. Man it is amazing how they just seem to always know how to solve any problem.

You can have all kinds of problems that you haven't got a clue how to fix and they will just smile and say something like "try this." And best of all it works.

Yep, I got to say such people are real finds. That is how Otis describes them. And I agree since they are sure tough to find.

I mean it ain't like you can look up in the phone book's yellow pages and find a listing for handy dudes. At least I have never seen a listing like that.

Wish I did. It would make it so much easier when you needed help. Of course I guess at the same time you would need a category about "don't call this jerk no matter what."

They would really be something I would want to add. I think it would be a great way to make things easy.

But these days what with people griping about crap like equality and stuff I reckon you couldn't do that. Before you know it people would be squawking that we need a listing for all kinds of people. Stuff like crabby people, generous people, nice people, mean people and all kinds of others.

Then to you might have the problem of people not wanting to be listed the way they really are. I could see them sitting down and saying something like "hey, wait a minute, I'm not like that."

Well, I suppose that would apply to people who were listed under good listings. I doubt they would complain and yell, "hey don't call me a good guy."

So I appreciate that it could get complicated and all. Still it would be nice if there was some way to check out this handy dude deal.

Not sure yet what would work best. Perhaps a referral service. Yeah, one of those 800 numbers you could call and ask for information about where to find the nearest handy dude.

Oh I reckon they might want to charge something for the listing. But I can't imagine a good handy type of dude would mind that very much if the price wasn't a lot.

I guess I'll call the phone company and see if they can work on this problem. On second thought, maybe I won't call them. From talking to their customer service folks I have to confess that handy ain't the way I would describe how they act. Hmmm, I wonder if that has much to do with why they don't have that kind of listing in the yellow pages. Just a thought naturally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home