Sunday, September 10, 2006

THE FLIP SIDE

Ah, this is so cool. Well it is to me when you are talking pancakes. Oh yeah, the flip side is important because that is when the pancakes are done on one side and you are just waiting for them to be finished on the other side.

At some table nearby you got the good stuff. The butter, syrup, milk and naturally plates and silverware. I did try going naturally once by you know not using a plate and eating them with my hands. Trust me that isn't fun. It sure is sticky. Man it takes forever to get that syrup off your hands.

So in case you were thinking of trying it, just take my word for it, that ain't a good option. Stick with tradition in that regard and you'll be a lot happier in the long run.

Now that I have shared that little detail let me also say that from what I understand some apply this flip side idea to other stuff. I can sort of understand how you would want to do it with say eggs too. And I guess if you want to be picky just about anything that you need to cook on two sides like burgers.

But I guess pancakes are the first thing that comes to mine for me. Not sure why, but it is.

What kind of surprises me is how some people would try and say this has something to do with other than food. I find that really amazing.

I mean what do you worry about having two sides other than stuff you eat? Okay I guess there are some things, but do you have to deal with them every day?

That I can't say for sure. I guess there are things like business cards where you would have a reason to look at the flip side. Maybe like if you had a reason to scribble something on the back then you would worry about flipping it over, but since I seldom worry about cards I don't give that option too much choice.

Then there are coins I reckon. Those you toss when wanting to make a choice. The flip side can be either heads or tails. Only I'm not sure if one side is officially considered the regularly side and which is the flip side since you always got to pick when flipping the coin.

But tossing coins ain't something you do every day either. So again I don't count it as being that important in terms of all the time.

Which some might make fun of me for thinking in those terms, but you know eating is something I have to do every day. So you'll pardon me if I think of flip side in that regard where my brain might need to deal with it all the time.

Maybe that is one reason I like jelly beans. They don't have sides I have to think about very often. I just get to eat them. And no dishes to do either. But in any case, flip side still comes up because jelly beans are cool, but no matter how much I like them, I got to eat other stuff from time to time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home