Saturday, September 30, 2006

BEING AFRAID OF WHAT ISN'T THERE

Now my reply to people who say there is nothing in the dark that isn't there during the day is that they don't live where I live. Because there are all kinds of stuff like closet monsters who sleep during the day and then wake up after dark. They are just waiting for a chance to eat your face.

But them so-called experts on this that don't happen. And my reply is "oh yeah," well try explaining that to Dracula when he shows up and wants something to drink and I don't mean kool-aid.

Now there are other things I'm sure you only see at night. Only I think we sort of fall asleep a lot and never remember seeing them after the sun comes up. But that don't mean they don't exist.

So my feeling is that it is better to be safe than sorry. I mean, really, really, really sorry. After all it only takes one monster eating your face to ruin your day. And if that happens to anyone I bet you don't get a second chance without a face to say I wish I had been more careful.

Keeping lights on really does help. Unless you are using one of those night lights. Not quite sure I understand how that works. I mean whoever heard of a light that gives off night? Perhaps that is where they get the idea of black light. It probably comes you know from one of those black holes out there in space.

Now how it gets to the earth is hard to say. However, I bet it comes at night. Yep, that would sure be a big deal that I would want to have to cope with.

Which is why I don't go around saying that stupid stuff about there being nothing there at night that isn't there during the day. I'm not going to take any chances.

I sure hope if by writing this I can help save one person from ending up with Dracula sneaking up on them that I have done a good thing. You never know when that can happen.

Anyway for now, I think I'm going to be sure I lay in an extra bunch of lights. Not those darn night lights, but real lights.

I might even buy some candles too. Only they never work for me. I can never find the place where you put the batteries in them.

Plus I never see any switch to turn them on either. They do have this little string sticking out of the top at times, but you know I tried pulling it and nothing ever happens. Just my luck I bet I always end up with a broken one.

But that's okay because I do plan on making sure that I only stick with regular lights. And I even got me plenty of light bulbs too. I pick up some of those three way types at one point, but I think there is something wrong with the ones I got since they only seem to fit one way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home