Monday, August 07, 2006

THIS SPUD IS FOR YOU

Ah potatoes, is there really a better, more versatile food. I mean you can have it so many ways. First there are French fries. I think it was so dang thoughtful of God to have invented them to go with a burger. Just seems so natural. Heck if I'm extra hungry I even stuff them in my burger too.

And what is extra cool is when you can you know have a good balanced meal in the process. Now to do that you have to be sure the weight of the fries is about the same as your big pop and double burger too. It can be hard to get them balanced perfectly, but I try. Normally sometimes I have to like buy extra fries to be safe. Depending on if I'm snacking on them while trying to see if they weigh the right amount.

That's just something I get better at with practice. However, I don't mind. It is like they say, if at first you don't get a feed then try, try a spend. Not sure exactly what they is supposed to me except that you somehow you know have to stuff your face till you got it right regardless of what it cost you. Which is how I kind of understand.

Now outside of that use for potatoes they do fix them great as chips also. Those go better with sandwiches from my point of view. But sometimes if you are talking something like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich they go great right on the sandwich too. Then you can have extra to eat on the side, which means eating them other than in the sandwich.

Oh well, it isn't any big deal too me. I'm just happy you know when I got them for a snack. Haven't worked out how many qualifies as an official snack though. I try to keep it to about four bags most of the time. That kind of depends on whether I'm going to have dinner afterwards.

With some people they make a deal of having something like dip with their chips. Me, I prefer my chips to be other than soggy. That dip stuff just kind of messes it up in that regard. Unless I maybe jam a bunch of chips into my mouth first and spoon a bunch of dip in afterwards.

Well that is one of those deals where you know can do it as a gourmet thing and if you ain't interested in the gourmet thing then you can forget it. I personally stick with the gourmet.

Another cool thing with potatoes I guess is having them baked. That's okay. Not quite as good as with say French fries, they are okay with a bunch of butter and stuff.

But no big deal. I stick with fries when I can so I won't talk to much about the deal with baked potatoes.

There is one last time of potato I guess. They call them potato pancakes. Personally, dumping a bunch of raw potatoes into a big bowl of pancake mix ain't my idea of tasty. I don't know, I guess it takes all kinds. With me the fries and chips are enough. I let somebody else work on the pancake idea and how you get ketchup and syrup to work together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home