Monday, June 26, 2006

CHIMNEY SWEEPS

Is this a major problem where you live? And who exactly is doing all this chimney sweeping? Personally I think it has to be somebody’s idea of a real sick joke. I mean I’ve seen lots of chimneys and never once seen anybody standing outside of them with a broom trying to sweep off the dust. Plus who cares if a stupid chimney gets dirty anyway? I know I don’t.

There was this move I saw once about this lady named Mary Soppins or Moppins or something. Anyway it was kind of weird. She had this crazy umbrella that allowed her to fly and did strange stuff with spoons and medicine.

Anyway in this movie she was always singing and hanging around with this dude that was suppose to be a chimney sweep. Now I might have been impressed that he was doing a good job at it if he had ever taken a bath just once in the whole movie, but he never did.

I mean the dude was always covered in some black stuff that kept his face dirty. I ask you is that somebody’s idea of clean or what? Not mind that is for sure.

Oh well, by the end of the movie the father of the kids who that lady was watching supposedly learned a lesson. Kids are always suppose to learn lessons in movies and the way you can tell that they have is because that is when the movie ends.

In the case of this movie, the lady watching the kids went off gallivanting around in the air with her umbrella while the kids’ dad took up flying a kite. It didn’t seem like he let the kids do much flying, which you would have figured would have been only fair. What good was it for a grown man to learn how to fly a kite and the kids to only get to stand around looking stupid?

Perhaps the dumbest part of that whole movie for me was the part where they said a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down. Who the heck decided only one spoonful is enough?

Now if it were me I would concentrate on say a cup full of sugar then you might not even need the medicine in the first place. See, they never thought of that part. But then what do you expect from a movie that tries to get you to believe you can leap into a painting on a sidewalk and it will take you someplace cool?

Anyway, I still got to gripe because at no time in this movie did one single chimney sweep ever even try to sweep a chimney off on the outside. I would have demanded my money back for watching the darn movie if I could have learned out to spell that one word, “super-call” something. I reckon it was some secret code you needed to know before you got to do something fun in the movie.

Next time I try to see a movie like that, maybe I’ll even bring my own broom. It might not help, but it can’t hurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home