Thursday, June 29, 2006

BECAUSE

You ever try giving this as the reason you do something? Does it work? It sure hasn’t for me. And believe me I sure have tried on plenty of occasions.

Honestly, there are times when because is the only reason I do something. I didn’t sit down and write some book first. Nor did I have some long drawn out explanation before I figured out what I as doing.

Now if you do something cool and it makes sense to others nobody cares if you just did it because. They may not even bother to ask.

However, if you do something just because and it turns out to be a big mistake or you mess up somewhere nobody seems as willing to accept because as good enough reason. I think that is unfair.

It is like as long as what you do works out then even if you did it for a dumb reason, no big deal. But just don’t expect the slightest degree of sympathy if things go wrong.

As I said, if find that as totally unfair. I mean they both were cases of because. One ended in a “hey look what I did.” The other ended up in “OOPS!”

The point to me is that both are still a because. So if we you are going to shrug your shoulders when things work out shouldn’t you do the same when they don’t? Seems like we ought to be consistent on this?

Well, whether you ought to be consistent, I know it ain’t going to happen. Which is why I always keep my trusting little wooden pal available for if and when. It has a tendency to end any complaints when those folks get to harping on not being satisfied with me saying because.

It is wonderful how they don’t seem to be as prone to bellyache over the because when they get whacked unconscious. After that they just kind of don’t even ask any longer.

I guess I wish that all the because situations could be handled that way, but they can’t. Some just don’t luck out and give me a chance to settle things with a bat.

But I suppose as they say you do have to take the good with the bad. I just wish the because thing was always good at time. After all there is nothing more annoying that to sit there and listen to yourself to somebody with a because and realize how dumb it really sounds.

I am grateful that doesn’t happen all the time. I sure would get awful tired of hearing that is totally stupid right after saying because with an explanation.

In the meantime I guess life goes on. Why? Because? Yeah I think Father Time probably invented the idea first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home