Monday, May 01, 2006

WHO'S IN CHARGE ANYWAY?

Boy is this a question that really needs to be asked a lot and in a lot of situations. You ever try to get an answer to that question in some place like say over at city hall. Oh you can talk to lots of people who will you know tell you stuff as their opinion, but getting any of them to say they make the rules, forget it.

They are really good at telling you how you have to follow the rules, just not always are they willing to say who it is that makes them up. And that is really frustrating at times.

Some of the rules really bug me too. Take for example in that one department called customer service. Now I’m a customer because I help with Otis to pay the utility bill. So I reckon that makes me a customer entitled to service.

Only those creeps don’t give me the kind of service that I want. All they want to do is help me with stuffed related to utility. But what if as a customer I need some other kind of service? Like say oh a way to you know get to park in front of city hall for fee. I’m sure they got to have a few tokens behind the counter to stuff in the darn parking meters.

But are they willing to share! Heck no! And that sucks from my point of view. Believe me I tried to ask them to help me with that problem and I won’t repeat what they told me.

What griped me too was that I had to wait to even ask a question. There I was standing there and they had a sign that said pick a number. So I picked seventeen. That’s because I like the number seventeen. No special reason, I just do.

Anyway there I was and this darn lady standing behind the counter kept yelling out numbers. But she never called seventeen. So after a few minutes I went up and asked her what the deal was about not calling seventeen.

Well she looked at me like I was some kind of idiot. Boy did that gripe me. Then she had the nerve to say that wasn’t among the numbers they were currently calling. She pointing to this digital sign on the wall that showed they were now serving number sixty-two.

Boy did that gripe me. I mean it really pissed me off that she thought sixty-two was a more fun number than seventeen. And nowhere in that place did it say I had to pick THERE choice of numbers. All it said was pick a number. Only that isn’t what they meant the jerks.

I tell you I tried arguing with that lady on that one, but it didn’t do any good. Course I did make sure she didn’t forget me when I took that ticket machine with the numbers and opened it up and wrote seventeen on all the numbers. She still never called the number seventeen, but at least she won’t forget it either!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home