Sunday, April 23, 2006

SYSTEMS

Man if there is one word to me that gets over used in our little world it is this one. When somebody uses it they seem to be implying whatever they are doing is organized and efficient. Those big, fat liars!

I don’t want to necessarily be unkind to folks who have a love for junk like systems. All I’m saying is that as far I’ve noticed most of the stuff people make a big deal about involving systems never quite works as good as they claim, if it works at all.

Take computers for example. They all have what is called an operating system. That is suppose to make the thing actually work, right? Well you sure couldn’t tell by me.

I mean over at STINK we got computers. And I bet they are great when they work. But it seems whenever I go over there to check on something the darn computer is being upgraded has crashed or just plain isn’t working for one reason or another.

Not to be one that doesn’t care I have done my part to try and help. Why heck the other day you know they had a situation where the mentioned the computer had this virus.

Heck I didn’t even know a computer could get a cold. But apparently it can. So I figured I’d tried to fix it while they were concentrating on junk like programs and other stuff that I never have time to figure out.

So I went over and got me a big bottle of cough syrup. Then when nobody was around I poured the whole bottle into this one slot on the computer. I guess it helped since the computer did start hissing and let out a puff of smoke. I assume that meant it was trying to do its version of coughing.

I’m a not big one for wanting to take credit for helping. So I just left while the computer was making all that noise and figured I’d come back later and see how happy the dudes were that had been trying to help cure that virus problem.

I guess the poor computer was worse off than I imagined. Later I ask and they told me that it had crashed. Shoot I didn’t even know it could drive. They also mentioned about how its motherboard was fried. Well live and learn I guess. I didn’t know the computer had a mother or she had a board and why would you fry a board in the first place.

In any case I guess that computer was a lot sicker than I expected because they now have a new one. I can’t wait to get a chance to check it out. I wonder if it has a mother too? Hmmm, I suppose there are Mother’s Day cards that a computer can send to its mom.

Maybe I’ll go shopping and see if I can find one for this new computer to show it I’m a caring kind of dude. I’m not sure where I’ll put that card, but I guess it has a slot somewhere you can stick such a thing. While I’m at it maybe I’ll also pick up a few jelly beans it can have to give it its mom. I bet I can stuff them in that slot too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home