Thursday, April 13, 2006

THE SPACE RACE

I heard this crazy thing about the idea that at one time this had to do with racing to the moon. God what moron thought that up? I mean how the heck you going to race to the moon when they got no roads that can get you there? Plus even if they did, the moon is so darn far away that you’d never make it there on a tank of gas. So the idea of racing to the moon was just plain silly to me.

Anyway it is fun to see the kinds of silly crap some people come up with. I personally got a feeling that you know somebody was drinking some of that stuff that makes you act stupid at times. So after too much they ended up you know thinking up some crazy stuff like about racing to the moon.

Well I would love to go on all day about the stupidity of talking about racing to the moon, but that isn’t the most important part of this posting. I want to talk about a real kind of space race.

What I’m referring to in this case it the race to find enough space for all the junk we got back in our apartment. At least that is how I feel about it whenever my buddy, Otis, gets in the mood to decide we need to figure a way to use what storage space we’ve got more efficiently. That is the word he always uses when he means we have to somehow take our closets and get rid of some perfectly good stuff so we can make room for other junk.

I guess I don’t mind parting with a few things. I just wish Otis and I could agree on what is stuff that should be thrown away. That part we never do.

Otis always wants me to get rid of my old magazines. I mean it ain’t like there are going to spoil or anything. But he sure says they need to go.

As for me, well shoot, you never know when an old magazine might come in handy. Maybe I want to read one of the stories in it again. True I never do, but I might want to.

But I do often end up parting with them. That is because I’m really hoping to get some new magazines to put in their places.

Otis though has his own ideas. And it depends on what his mood happens to be. Like the time he decided we should stock up on books. I thought he was being downright goofy on that part. I mean shoot the books he wanted us to keep didn’t even have any pictures. Where is the fun in that?

Thank goodness this space race never lasts with Otis. It normally ends when we have managed to find room for whatever it is he thinks we need to find room for. Then life goes back to normal for a while. Long enough to feel good that my magazines are safe for a while. That is good enough to let me keep the closet closed and feel safe that those magazines are okay for a while. Providing I can even closed the door. But that is for a different posting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home