Friday, April 14, 2006

DOWN UNDER

I’ve spent a lot of time wondering about this. I mean I understand it has to do with the place called Australia. Only I’ve looked at a map and I haven’t been able to see what it is under to be called down under. It just makes me think that perhaps the person coming up with that idea is the one who is down under. That is in terms of being under something that gives them brain drain.

Anyway I guess this isn’t necessarily a bad thing. At least if everyone there is down under something I haven’t noticed them complaining very much. So maybe they are just so used to being under something they don’t have much reason to complain any longer.

I can’t imagine getting a chance to visit there, but if I ever do I think I want to make sure I do so without ending up under something myself. Because you can be sure that I don’t want to act any crazier than I already am.

What I also am curious about is whether this Australia is the only down under place or are there others. And by any chance does it have much to do with say being upside down. I think that is sort of important to find out too.

I mean perhaps they got a big problem with gravity or something and end up spending a lot of time upside down for some reason. Personally, that isn’t my idea of a fun way to spend time, but then maybe that is their idea of a good time.

I don’t think I’m going to ask either. I mean they do seem like cool folks to a degree. They are always saying stuff like “good-day” and mate and nice stuff like that. So how can you not think somebody who spends wanting to wish you a good day to be other than nice.

Plus it must be a real cool place if they have somebody there named after a crocodile. Heck I don’t know anybody around here even named after any animal. So besides being nice they apparently are nice to animals too. That ain’t bad.

I wonder too if perhaps they were the ones who invented pineapple up-side down cake? I mean shoot if you are spending a lot of time standing on your head maybe you need an upside down cake in order to make it look okay. Gee do you think they might get confused by any cakes that didn’t have a way for you to tell the top from the bottom? Gosh that would be sort of a pain I imagine.

Well maybe I’ll give some thought to ways I can sort of get in practice for any time I might get a chance to visit over in Australia. I’ll give a shot at eating some pineapple cake while standing on my head. It might be tricky trying to drink any milk though. Perhaps with a straw I can get the hang of it.

I know I can call over there and ask somebody. Yeah I bet it wouldn’t cost too much to use the phone. I’m sure Otis won’t mind. I’ll even try it at night to keep the cost down. I wonder what the area code for down under is?

Thought for the week: How come when a person has a 'big ego' it generally means they have are 'small minded'?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home